The following dates have been announced (please check back as we continue to finalize all logistical details in each city):
- Sun. 29th Apr. in Montréal: Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) — co-sponsored with the Bolivarian Society of Québec (www.sbqc.org)
- Mon. 30th Apr. in Québec City: Location TBA
- Tues. 1st May in Ottawa: Location TBA
- Wed. 2nd May in Toronto: Student Campus Centre (55 Gould St.), Ryerson University — co-sponsored with the Ryerson Students’ Union, and by the Venezuelan Consulate
- Thurs. 3rd May in Hamilton: Skydragon Centre
- Mon. 7th May in Vancouver: SFU @ Harbour Centre (515 W. Hastings St.)
- Tues. 8th May in Victoria: Location TBA
Jorge Martín will also be visiting the following US cities, on behalf of the US HOV campaign: San Francisco, St. Louis, Madison, Minneapolis, and Providence.
Help is still needed!
We still need help financing the costs of the tour and Jorge’s flight, plus we need volunteers to help with organizing and promoting the events in each of the cities. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help out in any way.
About Jorge Martín
Jorge Martín, born in Barcelona, Catalonia, has been involved in the international solidarity with the Venezuelan revolution from the very beginning. He was a founding member of the international Hands Off Venezuela campaign, of which he is now the international secretary. He has written extensively on the Bolivarian revolution and has travelled around the world speaking in its defence. He has visited Venezuela often, participating in meetings and forums and holding discussions with revolutionary activists. He has been actively involved in the movement of occupied factories in Venezuela.
Jorge Martín, nacido en Barcelona, Catalunya, ha participado en el movimiento internacional de solidaridad con la revolución venezolana desde el inicio. Es miembro fundador de la campaña internacional Manos Fuera de Venezuela, de la que es ahora el secretario internacional. Ha escrito prolíficamente sobre la revolución Bolivariana y ha viajado por todo el mundo en actividades en su defensa. Visita Venezuela a menudo, participando en reuniones y foros, y en discusiones con activistas revolucionarios. Ha participado activamente en el movimiento de fábricas ocupadas en Venezuela.
For more information, please read some of Jorge Martín’s recent articles:
In French: http://www.lariposte.com/Chavez-annonce-la-creation-du-Parti-Socialiste-667.html